Thoughts On Our Move

It sounds a little silly, but on our way back to Ohio I was nervous of what "going back" would be like. Lots of big questions raced through my mind... What if I decided that Ohio was better? What if I felt like we never should have moved? Would all the food be as good as I remembered? Would I feel so at home I wouldn't want to leave? The whole time we were in Ohio, I couldn't help but compare our time (representing our old life in Ohio) to our current life in Seattle. In typical Kelly fashion, I felt like making a list:

Pro-Ohio:
Good ice cream
Close to family

Pro-Washington:
Interesting landscape (the sound, the mountains, the desert)
Ferry boat rides
Skiing (sorry Ohio, Snow Trails does not count as skiing)
More climbing (closer to outdoor walls / more spots to climb)
No humidity
No poison ivy
Less misquotes
Less pollen

Draws:
Friends
Delicious sweet potato fries
Skillet (WA) vs. Skillet (OH)

It's pretty clear to me now (post-visit & post-list) that Seattle is the place for us. With all the opportunities for outdoor adventure, the huge amount of delicious food, and good jobs for the both of us, it's a pretty amazing place. We'll just have to make sure we try hard to make up for the few pro-ohio things we'll be missing out on (solution: ice cream machine & lots of vacation time with family).