Artists Garage Sale


For as long as I can remember, the weekend nearest to my birthday has always been a village wide celebration. Not because I'm the most crazy-awesome person around (even though I am, obviously) but because it's time for Canal Days! It's always been a little sad, and a little less of a celebratory feel to have birthdays away from Fairport... Ok, thats a tad bit dramatic, but it is super fun to have a big party down the street with tons of awesome food and music right around your birthday! Enter, the Artist's Garage Sale...

Today I was out enjoying the sunshine, taking a leisurely walk through downtown, when the noise of a crowd and smell or kettle-corn drifted my way. Upon further inspection, I found a closed main street and Everett's mini version of Canal Days! Lots of cool art and art supplies for sale, food vendors, and people out enjoying the festival. How neat!