London - Day 1


First international business trip is off and running! The flight I originally booked ended up being super full, so I volunteered to take an alternate flight, with a free upgrade to business class for the overnight leg (fold flat bed-seats, personal entertainment system, and free champagne.. yippeee!) I arrived a bit later than the original flight, but had plenty of time to navigate the Underground to my hotel (sans-4G, just using screenshots of googles maps and transit directions), wander the financial district with my camera, and enjoy a milkshake and a burger. I even made friends with an old man in the burger shop who was interested in my camera (apparently the retro-manual dials appeal to hipsters and people who actually owned cameras with dials), all in all a good start to the trip!